For Immediate Release
October 6, 2018
Contact: Mitch Schwartz, 970-316-3095
Latest Mike Coffman Ad Hides Truth Behind 96% Pro-Trump Voting Record
Aurora – Rep. Mike Coffman’s most recent ad, “Stand Up,” continues the career politician’s recent attempts to run away from his 96% pro-Trump voting record. The ad cites just one vote as evidence that he has kept his 2016 campaign promise to stand up to President Trump. Coffman has instead relied on Tweets and public statements to attempt to demonstrate his independence.
“This ad is thirty seconds of callous desperation from a career politician who knows his voting record is about to cost him his job,” said Mitch Schwartz, Communications Director for Jason Crow for Congress. “Coffman is the most loyal supporter of Trump’s agenda in Colorado – he even advanced Trump’s middle class nightmare tax bill to reward his wealthy donors. Coloradans know where Mike Coffman stands, and it’s not with them.”
Here are ten of the Coffman-Trump agenda votes that he’d like Coloradans to forget:
- Voted for final passage of the Trump Tax Scam, which gives a huge tax break to the wealthiest and big corporations, threatens Social Security and Medicare, increases healthcare premiums, and provided the only grounds for the GOP to file a lawsuit to dismantle protections for people with pre-existing conditions in federal court.
- Voted for the House version of the Trump Tax Scam, which increases taxes on middle class families while giving a huge break to the wealthiest and big corporations.
- Voted for a FY18 Republican budget that slashed Medicare and Medicaid.
- Voted to repeal major provisions in Dodd-Frank, the financial reform bill that was put in place in the wake of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression to protect consumers from risky financial market abuses.
- Voted to begin the process of dismantling the Affordable Care Act, which could lead to insurers charging older Americans up to five times more, and allow them to deny protections for people with pre-existing conditions.
- Voted for Concealed Carry Reciprocity between states, allowing domestic abusers to carry a gun.
- Voted to block a rule that would keep firearms out of the hands of people deemed mentally ill.
- Voted to make the Hyde Amendment permanent and eliminate abortion coverage on any private health insurance plan participating in the Affordable Care Act.
- Voted to weaken worker protections by allowing employers to replace overtime pay with restricted compensatory time off, which could allow employers to delay giving Americans the money they worked for and earned.
- Voted for an immigration bill that provided billions in funding for Trump’s border wall, limited legal immigration, and failed to protect all Dreamers.
# # #